- Shipments to the private sector must be accompanied by a copy of the Import License issued by The State Company for Iraqi Fairs and Commercial Services. The license must be in Arabic. The License details and shipment details must be the same.
- Shipments to the private sector must be accompanied by a certificate of conformity. Pharmaceutical products are exempt from this
- All documents must be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade which our Chamber can organise.
- Manufacturing and expiry dates must appear on the Certificate of Origin and or Invoice.
- If the goods are produced by origin(s) outside the United Kingdom, then a formal letter issued from the consigner company is required to confirm that the goods have been produced for their benefit
- Exporters are reminded that there are some restrictions on trading with Iraq, though many have been relaxed. Contact the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment – Export Licensing Unit, Phone;  661 4444 for full details
- Embassy Fee is €285.00 per document
Update; Red Meat Requirements
We have been informed by the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq that as with immediate effect the new requirements and regulations for exporting red meats to Iraq in any form must comply with the following;-
- All processed fresh red meat should be exported from countries free of Cow Diseases
- All exported red meats should be accompanied with an authorised health certificate and legalised by the Iraqi Embassy (Consular Section) along with the AICC Certificate of Origin, Invoice and Halal Certificate
- Health Certificate of the products should include;-
- Suitable for human consumption
- Consumed by domestic population
- Free of cow disease and any other pollution
- Non Genetically Modified (GM) and free of added hormones
- Free of any radiation effects
- Labels to show clearly the production date and validity with a reference
For further information on Certificates of Conformity please contact
Bureau Veritas, Government Services & International Trade
180 Borough High Street, London SE1 1LB
Website; www.bureauveritas.co.uk Phone; +44 207 550 8956