13 March 2019 – IRAQ URGENT UPDATE
For shipments to Iraq you must contact the Chamber prior to submission of any documents.
Iraq Legalisation fees and requirements
- All shipments to Iraq for goods going to the private sector must be accompanied by a copy of the Import License issued by The State Company for Iraqi Fairs and Commercial Services. The license must be in Arabic. The License details and shipment details must be the same.
- All shipments must be accompanied by a certificate of conformity and an Import Licence issued by The State Company for Iraqi Fairs and Commercial Services. This is not required to be legalised but should contain the quantity and the price listed in the license.
- If your shipment requires health certificates etc, legalised these will be sent to the Iraqi Embassy. Packing Lists do not require to be legalised unless requested by your customer or L/C
- All shipping and regulatory & corporate affairs documents must be stamped by the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade which our Chamber can organise.
- Health Certificates are often required for all food consignments.
- Halal & Veterinary Certificates required for all chilled, frozen meat, lamb and poultry.
- Documents that contain any hand written details or hand written amendments will no longer be accepted.
- For all shipments, the manufacturing and expiry dates must appear on the Certificate of Origin and/or Invoice.
- Exporters are reminded that there are some restrictions on trading with Iraq, though many have been relaxed. Contact the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment – Export Licensing Unit, Phone;  661 4444 for full details.
- If the goods are produced by origin(s) outside the United Kingdom, then a formal letter issued from the consigner company is required to confirm that the goods have been produced for their benefit
- The Iraqi Commercial Attaché require a certificate of conformity as back up in order to legalise the cert of origin and invoice
Update; Red Meat Requirements
We have been informed by the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq that as with immediate effect the new requirements and regulations for exporting red meats to Iraq in any form must comply with the following;-
- All processed fresh red meat should be exported from countries free of Cow Diseases
- All exported red meats should be accompanied with an authorised health certificate and legalised by the Iraqi Embassy (Consular Section) along with the AICC Certificate of Origin, Invoice and Halal Certificate
- Health Certificate of the products should include;-
- Suitable for human consumption
- Consumed by domestic population
- Free of cow disease and any other pollution
- Non Genetically Modified (GM) and free of added hormones
- Free of any radiation effects
- Labels to show clearly the production date and validity with a reference
- Legalisation fees is a fixed fee of €285.00 per commercial / legal document (Original or copy)
Please confirm with your customer if they require a Certificate of Conformity for the shipment as back-up.
For further information on Certificates of Conformity please contact;
Bureau Veritas, Government Services & International Trade
180 Borough High Street, London SE1 1LB
Website; www.bureauveritas.co.uk Phone; +44 207 550 8956